Black Friday Brunch Series: Thanksgiving Leftovers Strata
In today’s Black Friday Brunch Series: Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes, we are showcasing a one-pot wonder, the strata. A strata is a classic American dish of layered ingredients, typically in a casserole dish. The most common kind of strata is a brunch dish, similar to a quiche or frittata, and consists of bread, eggs, and cheese.
We are transforming this standard brunch offering into a Thanksgiving leftover masterpiece of turkey, stuffing, and spinach (because we all need some greens after a hearty Thanksgiving Day meal). This easy Thanksgiving leftover recipe is the second recipe in our Black Friday Brunch Series and will turn your turkey leftovers into a delicious brunch meal.
SAVORY THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER BRUNCH STRATA
- 3 cups turkey, diced
- 4 cups leftover Thanksgiving stuffing
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Layer stuffing and turkey in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine cashew milk, eggs, Dijon mustard, spinach and 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Pour egg mixture over turkey and stuffing. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and let rest for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400º. Place covered dish in oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Serve.
Note: The Thanksgiving Leftover Strata can be chilled for one day. Let rest 30 minutes at room temperature before baking.
Recipe courtesy of Safeway
Looking for another easy and simple Thanksgiving left over recipes? Check out the first recipe in our Black Friday Brunch Series, Thanksgiving Leftover Melts made with flavorful turkey, tangy cranberry sauce and delicious potato waffles.
Share with us your favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipes in the comments below and by using the hashtag #BlackFridayBrunch on social media. We look forward to whipping up some of your delicious Black Friday Brunch recipes for ourselves.